What should I make next?

Monday, November 14, 2011

best smoothie EVER


Best Smoothie Ever


Winning!

I have been making smoothies ever since I got my Magic Bullet for Christmas in 2007 (thanks Momma). I have tried a lot of different combinations with mangos, berries, bananas, ice, yogurts, frozen berries, apple juice, orange juice, sugar, etc. My go to has been a banana, 5-6 fresh strawberries and Light and Fit vanilla yogurt; its okay. Just okay, it’s never been amazing. One day I didn’t have any fresh fruit so I used some frozen mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries and blackberries) and yogurt. Then I remembered I had to buy agave nectar for the chicken suiza casserole and I knew it was a sugar substitute so I put a little of that in. You see, I don’t like the tartness of blueberries and blackberries so I never eat them and I don’t like to put them in my smoothies. Well the result was amazing! The agave took away the tartness and sourness of those darker berries and it’s my new smoothie recipe. Ian tried it and ended up scarfing down what was going to be my breakfast the next day.

Ingredients
Frozen mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries and blueberries)
Frozen strawberries
Light & Fit vanilla yogurt
Agave nectar!
Apple juice

Instructions

Put all ingredients into a Magic Bullet or blender, mix and drink! Great for breakfast, dessert and a snack. I also put it in the freezer then let it defrost and eat it as an excellent sorbet.

No comments:

Post a Comment