What should I make next?

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ginger Shrimp with Garlic & Olive Oil Couscous

Tonight I decided to make something with shrimp since my sous chef was absent. (He's allergic to shellfish!). I had ginger in my fridge so I googled some recipes but I never had all the ingredients I needed so I decided to wing it. I had a box of couscous that came with garlic and spices, I had shrimp and I had some veggies.



(Makes 2-3 servings)
Ingredients:
1 box of couscous (get one that comes with a spice packet!)
2-3 carrots, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
1 tsp sesame oil
15-20 pieces of shrimp
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 TBS parsley
salt and pepper
1 egg white
2 tsp minced ginger

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Shrimp: Thaw and de-tail. Beat egg white in bowl. In another bowl add panko bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper and 1 tsp ginger. Spray baking pan with cooking spray. Dip shrimp into egg whites then panko combination, covering with bread crumbs and lay on baking pan. Cook in oven for 20 minutes, turning over halfway through.


3. In saucepan, cook couscous according to package. Should take about 10 minutes.

4. In medium skillet, heat sesame oil. Add chopped carrots, green onions and 1 tsp ginger. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender.

5. Add the veggies to the couscous and top with the shrimp!

I actually really enjoyed this meal. I forgot to add soy sauce but I think it was okay without it. Leftovers for lunch, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment