What should I make next?

Friday, May 25, 2012

Veggie Quinoa with Lemon Honey Vinaigrette



Serves 3

Tired of that same ole quinoa with veggies dish? I know I am. Here is a sauce you can put on it to change things up and still have a healthy veggi-ful dinner. This is delicious lemon honey vinaigrette with ingredients you are most likely to have already. You can put any veggies you have on hand in it so empty that veggie drawer.

Ingredients
Veggies for 3 people (zucchini, corn, onion, carrots, etc)
Salt and pepper
Garlic

½ cup feta
2 TBS chopped basil (I didn’t have fresh so I used my dried basil spice!)

1 cup quinoa
1 ¾ cups chicken broth or water

Lemon Honey Vinaigrette
2 TBS lemon juice
1 TBS lemon zest
1.5 TBS honey
1 garlic clove, minced
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper


Direction

  1. Cook your quinoa and chicken broth (or water) according to directions.
  2. Heat a skillet on medium with olive oil and 1 clove garlic minced.
  3. Add your chopped veggies and sauté them until a little tender. Add your salt and pepper now. If you are using dried basil you can add that now too.
  4. In a bowl, mix all your vinaigrette ingredients together.
  5. Add half of the vinaigrette and the quinoa to the veggie skillet and cook for another minute. I thought it was too much quinoa for the amount of veggies I had so I left about ½ cup out. Make your own judgment based on how you like your quinoa: veggie ratio.
  6. Add remaining vinaigrette, feta and basil to the skillet and turn off. Mix well and serve!

Iowa Girl Eats does it again! I tell ya, that girl knows exactly what I like to eat! Ian and I both loved this dish. Of course I was greedy and put more feta in than called for and it kind of covered up the lemon flavor. When you got a feta-less bite though you could taste the lemon and sweet honey and it was a great change-up to our normal veggie quinoa dinner.

I can’t wait to make Ham & Cheese Pretzel sandwiches from IGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment