What should I make next?

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Danielle’s Dipped Pretzels


Yum yum!


My roommate Danielle made these delicious dipped pretzels and I had to make some for my family! It’s really easy to make but it is helpful if you have a couple of people to help you decorate.

Ingredients
1 brick of chocolate almond bark
1 brick of vanilla almond bark
1 bag of pretzels

Toppings:
Cranberries
M&Ms (mint, peanut butter, regular)
Peanut butter
Crushed candy cane








Directions
1.      Use half of each brick and melt on low in two separate saucepans. The vanilla melts faster and can burn more easily so make sure you have it on the lowest setting.




2.      Once melted, dip your pretzels to be ¼ to ½ covered in chocolate. It just depends on how you like your chocolate:pretzel ratio J
3.      Lay them out on parchment paper to let cool.
4.      Place an M&M or other topping on top within a minute of placing on the parchment paper.



Review
My family loved these! I think they loved making them more than eating them. Grammy watched us saying things like “hot damn,” and “well aren’t those cute.” Kelly just laughed at us girls. My sister was in charge of toppings and my mom was the refiller of supplies. I fell in love with the vanilla/cranberry creation that Danielle gave me so I kept telling my sister to make more of those!

These are fun to make and pretty cheap. I only used half of a brick for each and it made a bunch. This is also a great gift idea; Danielle gave these to her co-workers as Christmas gifts and I will be taking these to Ian’s family in CDA!


No comments:

Post a Comment