What should I make next?

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

EPFs (Eggplant, Pesto, Feta)


I have never tried eggplant before, crazy huh? Well maybe my mom snuck it to me when I was little but I don’t think so. There are a few foods I have wanted to cook and eggplant is one of them! So I bought one purple eggplant at the store, browsed some recipes, modified them to my liking and this is what I came up with!

EPF's (it's like a BLT but better!)


Ingredients
1 eggplant
1 tbs olive oil
1 tbs balsalmic vinegar
1 tbs lemon juice
1/3 cups homemade pesto !
1/3 cup tomato sauce
1/3 cup feta
Salt and pepper

Instructions
1.       Cut eggplants into thin slices. Lay them on sheet pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

2.       Mix the oil, vinegar and lemon juice and brush it on the slices.
3.       Broil the eggplant until they are tender, about 6-10 minutes. Make sure to flip them!

4.       Change oven to 350 degrees.
5.       Spread pesto on top of the eggplant and top with feta.

6.       Bake 3-4 minutes so that the cheese (kind of) melts.
7.       Drizzle with tomato sauce (or drown in Ians case) and serve!



Review
I was very, very impressed with how these turned out. Between the two of us, Ian and I finished all of it! We loved them. As Ian pointed out there is no meat so it cannot be a main dish and must be an appetizer…but you decide J

Calories
In the whole dish there are about 650 calories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment